Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Purdue Football!!! Go Boilers Go!!!

I took Matthew, Joshua and Noah to a Purdue game last Saturday. We made it down early enough to see the band--you know, the one I marched in for 4 years all those years ago--perform at Slayter. Then walked to the stadium and watched the team warm up. I don't care what you say, you are never to old to appreciate men in tight football pants--but I digress. We had seats in the north end zone so we could see the jumbo tron as well as all the bands antics. Most of the game was pretty boring and I was tempted to leave with 5 minutes to go to avoid the rush of people leaving the game. I'm glad we didn't since the last 2 minutes of the game were the most exciting.




The AAMB marching into the stadium

A few minutes into the game, Noah says Mom, I just pulled my tooth out. I proceeded to put in my pocket to take it home for the tooth fairy that night. He seemed to think that since it was the 2nd tooth he had lost, that he should get $2 for this one. Told him it didn't work that way. He then proceeded to count the number of teeth he had left and figured out how much he would get from the tooth fairy over the next few years.
The final score. I'm glad we didn't leave early!

Matthew & Noah by the Xtra Special. Joshua was being a stinker and wouldn't get his picture taken.

The band performing at Slayter. Sure looks different from this side. If I could go back in time, it would be to my time at Purdue. But I'd only want to repeat my time in the band, not the other classes. Wonder if the band department is hiring??
Finally a picture of all three of them!! That is one big drum!
Matthew & Noah with Purdue Pete
Noah in the stadium. We have 4 tickets for the homecoming game and he was on his best behavior (for the most part) to earn one of those tickets.

1 comment:

Jilldawg said...

Looks like a good time was had by all! Purdue Pete's sister sat in front of Bruce and Erin at that game. Her older brother is a former P.P. and her younger bro is the current one. How's that for some Purdue trivia??? :>)