Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Count your blessings

My mom gets me a new daily calendar each year for Christmas.  This year, it has a Psalm for each day.  Yesterday was Psalms 13:6 “He dealt bountifully with me”. 

This spoke very clear to me.  I am guilty of focusing on what has not been done, instead of all the blessings I receive each day.  I’ve decided to start a list and then add to it each day with what blessings I see around me.  I think this will help me focus in the right direction which will then allow everything else to fall into place.

  1. A home with a roof and heat.
  2. A refrigerator and cabinets full of food.
  3. A husband who works extremely hard so that I can be at home with our children.
  4. A husband who loves me unconditionally.
  5. Four wonderful and healthy boys.
  6. Fabulous in-laws!!!  This is one area where I am blessed beyond belief.
  7. Parents who are healthy and enjoy spending time with their grandchildren.
  8. FRIENDS!!!  I have the best friends in the world.
  9. A Lord and Savior who loves me and forgives me when I keep making the same mistakes.
  10. I live in a country where I can make a post like this and not live in fear of the police coming and arresting me.

What would be on your list?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those everyday blessings are the easy ones. It is sometimes harder to find the daily blessings. But today it would be the great hug my 5yo gave me this morning after I helped him dress. It was one of those whole body, wrap around me and dont let go kind of hugs.

Mary said...

You would be on my list. Love, Mom